Many users require online access to their email client while travelling. Exchange Servers help users in this regard, and allow them to connect to the corporate email accounts using a web browser. Nonetheless, Microsoft Outlook application can also serve as the right platform for the purpose, and easily connects to the Exchange Server over the internet.
Users just have to alter some settings in the Outlook email setup, and configure the email client for webmail. This would allow users to download the emails on to the remotely connected devices, and they can go through the messages, even while not connected to the internet. Follow the below given set of instructions to configure Outlook email client for webmail.
Steps to follow
- Go to the desktop screen of your computer, and click on the Start button to access the Start menu. Click Microsoft Office option found in the programs list, and select Microsoft Office Outlook to launch the program.
- Navigate to the Tools menu in the application window and opt for Account Settings. Click on the Change option in the resulting window.
- Go to the Connection tab in the settings window that pops up on the screen. Look for the entry Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP located under the Outlook Anywhere section, and mark the checkbox against it.
- Opt for Exchange Proxy Settings and enter the name for your Exchange proxy server as well as the SSL server as set up by your internet service provider, or network administrator. These servers help to connect to the email server remotely via webmail.
- Click on the Proxy Authentication Settings link and set up the desired password settings for your proxy server. For most of the proxy servers, NTLM Authentication is used. You can also use the other option, which is Plain Text, but it is considered an insecure mode of linking to the remote devices over the internet.
- Select OK to save the altered settings, and click OK in the main mailbox settings window. Close the Outlook application and Restart the computer to finish the procedure of configuring your Outlook email client for webmail.
You can now link your devices to the email server and check your emails on the go. If you encounter any problems while configuring the email client, or want some more assistance on Outlook email setup, contact the Microsoft Outlook help and support center.Google+